Monday, November 5, 2012

Post-Post-Hurricane Update

As you may already know, the College has cancelled classes tomorrow, Tuesday 11/6, due to the fact that there are still many hurricane evacuees being housed on campus. I will continue to keep you informed, but be sure to check the College website for updates daily for when classes will officially resume.

In lieu of the fact that we've missed the last three class meetings. I would like for you all to follow these homework instructions so that you will be prepared for when we reconvene.

1) Have Braden read and annotated for our next meeting, and begin reading the Albrechtslund text too.

2) Complete and post your response to e-journal #6 by class time on Thursday.

3) Bring three copies of your paper to our next meeting.

If you have questions please email me. I hope everyone is doing well.

Best,
s.

1 comment:

  1. Barry Henderson
    Eng 125 / e-journal #6
    Professor Stephen J Addis D’Amato
    11/8/12
    After the Dark comes the light
    I have spent the past few days monitoring my Internet usage and I realized that I am not a heavy user in comparison to the average user. Not by choice or a lack of effort but it is because of circumstance. My home computer has cough a virus and for the most part my jobs do not require me to check the emails on a regular bases and the majority of my friends either call me or drives to my house when ever they want to talk to me. I mainly use the Internet for Googling information or watching movies on Netflix’s, which takes up most of my time on the computer. When I’m on the computer my activities are spent surfing the web shopping and looking for deals or viewing social media such as Facebook and other interactive sites. But e-mailing and downloading movies, print, and pictures takes the majority of my time. Now thanks to storm Sandy and the Nor’easter that followed a week after New York State has fallen victim to peril. Many have been subjected to spending their days without electricity and their nights truly in the dark. People have been on wits end. Trying there best to communicate with family and friends because the cable service has been interrupted. In turn the Internet was down so the cell phone towers have not been giving out strong signals causing telephone calls to be dropped, leading to panic among the masses. So I do not feel that face-to-face interaction is at risk of becoming obsolete.

    ReplyDelete